Skip to content
Home » Emergency Evacuation Procedure
UPON DISCOVERY OF FIRE:
- Leave fire area immediately and close doors behind you.
- Pull the nearest fire alarm.
- Evacuate the building via the nearest exit.
UPON ACTIVATION OF THE FIRE ALARM:
- Go to the nearest safe exit and leave the building.
- Close doors behind you.
- Do not use elevators or chair lifts.
- Use an alternative exit if you encounter smoke.
- If a person with a disability cannot be evacuated, they should proceed directly to the fire-rated linkways located in Kootenay Centre and Summit Hall to await rescue by the Fire Department. Notify the reporting station attendant of their specific location.