Resourcing Empowerment and Engagement
The Empowerment and Engagement Working Group will have a limited source of funds to distribute to different stakeholders at the College who seek support for their activities. The Working Group welcomes proposals for projects and/or programs outside of normal operating budget that will advance equity, Indigenization, diversity, inclusion, and/or belonging in one or more of the following areas:
- Recruitment and retention
- Sense of belonging by and for underrepresented students and staff
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Dialogue and civil discourse for social equity
- Curricular/co-curricular collaborations
- Integration of local/global diversity
- Workplace Inclusion
- Social Justice at the College and in the Community
- Equity awareness and equity promoting practices
- Students’ understanding of collaboration and inclusion
- Faculty, student, and staff partnerships on an EDIIB initiative
- Anti-racism, decolonization, and anti-white supremacy education
- Other related topics
In 2023, the Empowerment and Engagement Working group will establish guidelines for funding requests.
- What funding is available. For example, what is fundable, what amount of funds may be requested and how often, who is eligible for funding.
- A funding proposal template.
- Assessing proposals.
- Dispersing funds.
- Accountability for funding
More information coming soon.